Add to Calendar
What will I learn?
On completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- apply an understanding of how fluid properties, rheology and atomisation performance can have an influence on spray drying
- manipulate drying parameters to influence product microstructure, materials properties and quality parameters
- appreciate the hazards involved in spray drying and how to ensure safe operation
- recognise how spray drying processes can be scaled up and appreciate the possible pitfalls on scaling up
- understand how spray drying principles can be applied to the manufacture of real industrial formulated products for economic and better preforming processes as well as improved product performance and quality
- discuss how challenges are tackled across different industries
- choose and design appropriate equipment such as atomisers and towers for laboratory, pilot and production-scale spray-drying.
How will I benefit?
You’ll benefit from academic and industrial presentations, demonstrations, theory and real industrial case studies.